Who can forget Miracle on the Hudson? Airline pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger successfully landed his plane Jan. 15, 2009 on the Hudson River, saving all 155 souls on board.
Tom Hanks stars in the lead role in "Sully" at 8 p.m. today on HBO. The film goes behind the scenes of the sudden fame Sullenberger encountered to the investigation of the bird strike of both engines and his own doubts about his actions.
There have been many films about airplanes — some funny, some true to life and some along the disaster movie genre. Here is a quiz about them.
1. Which 1927 film about two World War I pilots in love with the same woman received a Best Picture Academy Award?
2. Which 2006 film focused on the passengers' valiant efforts to stop terrorists on Sept. 11?
3. Art thieves hijack a 747 in which 1977 film starring Jack Lemmon and Brenda Vaccaro?
4. Which 2004 film focused on the life of Howard Hughes as an airplane builder?
5. Which 1965 film (also remade in 2004) focuses on a group of survivors who rebuild a plane after crashing into the Sahara Desert?
6. Hijackers take over the president's plane in which 1997 film starring Harrison Ford?
7. A pilot shellshocked from the war must land a disabled passenger plane in which 1980 satirical film?
8. A Uruguayan rugby team is stranded in the Andes after a plane crash in which 1993 film?
9. Kurt Russell starred in which 1996 film about an intelligence analyst who must stop terrorists who have hijacked a passenger plane?
10. Which 1986 film about Navy pilots received an Academy Award for Best Music, Original Song?
Answers: 1. "Wings." 2. "Flight 93." 3. "Airport '77." 4. "The Aviator." 5. "Flight of the Phoenix." 6. "Air Force One." 7. "Airplane!" 8. "Alive." 9. "Executive Decision." 10. "Top Gun," and the song was "Take My Breath Away."